Monday, June 11, 2012

rain rain go away

Here she is at 7 weeks hanging out with the boppy.






I've been working on the crib. Everything is mostly sanded with 80 grit paper. I still have to go over it all with 150 and 220, but I think those will go faster. I didn't get any sanding done this weekend because it was pouring rain(pics of that later). But here is a picture after stripping before sanding. 


And after sanding. Feel free to ooh and ahh now. 
The wood is still kind of stained from the varnish.  I don't think this will be a problem since I plan on staining it either walnut or jacobean which are both pretty dark stains. 


This morning Pheebs was having a rip roaring good time in the swing of neglect. 

 Great smile, just incredibly out of focus! aargh. 
 still blurry. 

 and by the time I got it focused she was done smiling. bummer. 


This weekend we had flash flooding in Pensacola. We got 15 inches of rain on Saturday and I'm not sure how many more on Sunday. I've seen it rain that hard before but I've never seen it rain that hard for that long. It was pouring from 7 or 8 in the morning until 5 or 6 in the evening. The power went out a few times but never stayed out for more than a few seconds. 


This is from sometime around 9 or 10 in the morning. The pond across the street isn't totally connected yet. 

 our front yard

 later on in the afternoon the pond is now connected.



The next set of pictures makes me laugh because it really showcases: 1.)How bad I am at taking pictures. 2.)How excited I am about frogs and 3.) How I will stick with a method that is clearly not working. 

Anyways, if you look carefully you can see all the tree frogs on  the glass door. You can more clearly see the reflection of the kitchen and myself, but that is not the point. At one point we had ten frogs on the door. They must have been seeking higher ground.





 look at how excited I am, and also look at the three frogs.




Phoebe's latest trick has been to hold both her hands up like she's driving a big Harley. Here are my attempts at documenting that. 







Flash got a new bed this week. I wouldn't say he loves it...yet.  But I love how easy it is to clean and that it doesn't absorb all the dog smell. 





 And because there can never be too many pictures of this girl, I'll leave you with some pictures of her not doing anything but being cute. 











1 comment:

  1. Haha. You mastered getting flash in focus.. Next step baby girl!
    Also when you mentioned flash flood I imagined it raining flashes everywhere. :)

    ReplyDelete