Sunday, June 3, 2012

Don't forget the sunscreen.

We forgot the sunscreen. dangit. 


We went to the beach!




We only stayed for 45 minutes at the most. She slept through the whole trip. 

For the love of me I could not get this one to rotate. Bear with me and lean to the left. 




I've got a new project I'm working on. This is Phoebe's crib when we bought it. It is in pretty good condition. The only thing that bothered me was on the side rails there were teeth marks from the first kid who owned it. I decided I am going to fix that. I know nothing about stripping and refinishing wood so I youtubed it.... a lot. It definitely seemed like a ton of work and who knows if I'll even make it better. But here is my progress. 

The first step was to take the crib apart and start coating everywhere that is varnished with Stripper. This stuff is no joke. A tiny drop fell on my foot and I thought I was going to die. Flip Flops are not recommended (not on youtube). The old guy at home depot told me to wear the mask and googles, and I have been. You wouldn't believe how much sweat pools up in my googles and drips down my face mask. Eww. The gloves that I bought are mediocre at best. It says they are for Stripping (teehee) but after 20 minutes or so my left hand starts getting progressively hotter and hotter until once again I think I am going to die. 


After you coat the varnish with the Stripper you scrape it off, wipe it down with a paper towel and move on.


My progress has been super slow. Trying to work around Phoebe's nap schedule is tricky. Plus it is roughly 400 degrees outside and my gloves don't work so well. 

The big question is, will I get it done before she outgrows her little by the bed sleeper?? 

1 comment: