Wednesday, June 20, 2012

progress

Here are my supervisors while I'm working on sanding the crib. They run a tight operation.

 It's too hot out for pants. I'll skip the pictures of what I'm wearing. 

hanging out with Daddy

I made these cupcakes for Father's Day. They are chocolate with chocolate chips inthe batter, filled with chocolate mousse, topped with a dark chocolate ganache and a white chocolate drizzle. All homemade. Dang. 

Watch Phoebe solve this question
Hey Phoebe, guess who is two months old?
 hmm.

 I just don't know.

 You are, silly. 

 ohh. you got me!


 Baby's first crossbones and skull outfit. 



I have been working on the crib every chance I get. I have stripped it, sanded it with 80 grit, sanded it with 150 grit, and finally sanded it with 220 grit. Now I have removed all the saw dust with this tack cloth. 


Then I coated everything with pre-stain to hopefully make the stain absorb into the wood evenly. 

And then I sanded everything with 220 again. 

 I put this stain on and let it soak in for 8 minutes and then I wiped everything else off. It is a little darker than I think I want, but I'm not starting over. I guess I should have let it soak in for 5 or 6 minutes. Oh well. Its done.
Now I need to sand again. 
Then I'll put on the Polyurethane 3 times and let it sit for a week and it will be done!


Here is the picture of just the stain, no poly. 

It's not perfect, but the teeth marks are gone and it looks alright. Maybe it'll look better with the clear coat on top. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh Yeah! I love the skull & crossbones :) will be the first of many rockstar-tastic outfits!
    ~Vinout

    ReplyDelete