Monday, May 21, 2012

My new crib

We got a house! 

And a crib!


and a changing table!

and a kitchen table!



and a couch!


and a (giant) chair in the nursery.




The swing of neglect in full force with Flash babysitting.


We have been slowly unpacking. Everything I do is slow now. It is hard to get much done when I'm constantly feeding the beast Phoebe. She has changed a lot in the almost 5 weeks she's been here. Brace yourself for a ton of pictures of her being adorable.




 One month old in these pictures. 








She has been sleeping around three hours. Occasionally she'll go four hours, and I love that. Eating like a champ. I haven't been able to store any extra milk. She eats everything I pump too. That could end up being a problem whenever I go back to work, but we'll deal with that then. Right now she is a happy baby and that's all that matters. 
A couple of weeks ago we upgraded to size 1 diapers. Probably should have done it sooner but I guess we were in denial, plus we're pretty stinkin new at this so how should we know.  The good news is that we have far fewer wardrobe changes as a result of an overflow of some sort. However, on the new diapers there is no color changing line if the diaper is wet. Like we are automatically supposed to know?!? And the darn things are so high tech (minus the line) that even when we touch the diaper we can't tell if its wet or not. Unless it's poo, no problems telling there.  
In case you were wondering it is super hot here. I might not go outside until we are back in Alaska. We have a washer and dryer in the garage and even stepping momentarily into the un air conditioned garage is more than I want to do. Brent and I were talking about a jogging stroller. But my concern was with my present level f fitness (non-existent)  combined with the heat (inferno level). I don't think I'll be able to run fast enough to keep Phoebe cool. Plus, she's not able to call 911 when I pass out from heat stroke yet.  We decided to hold off on that idea. 

1 comment: